Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wed - Full body circuit

Man, what a wild couple of weeks. I have been pulling 10 to 12 hour days at work and there is the new puppy. She is great, but a lot of work! Anyway, have missed a lot of workouts and lunches :-(
I'm still kicking though and had some time today so I tried something new. I did a full body circuit.

15 minute warm up on the stairmaster.

Then I did the following 3 times, fast. No rest between sets.
  • Machine crunch - 20x220
  • Wide cable press - 10x280
  • Barbell row - 15x410
  • Shoulder press - 10x250
  • Lat pull down - 10x320
  • Squats - 10x410
  • Calf raises - 40x410
  • Preacher curls - 10x70
Should hurt in a couple days :-)

3 comments:

Chris C said...

How'd you put your back out? Lean back too far with the sheaf? When I lean back too far with a clean or deadlift (which rarely happens these days b/c I'm more careful) I would push a vertebrae out. So my lovely Phys Therapist wife would just push on the vertebrae in the area that hurt and have me bend forward slowly and then back up then repeat on another vert. Or is it a muscle pain? If it's a muscle rest that puppy.

Heal up big guy.

Eric Wright said...

Brother, I was just doing my usual dip and rip and something went pop. I'm not sure what I did but I can hardly walk. No pain shooting down the leg, so I don't think it's a disk. Might me a lig though :-(

I messed it up good.

Pisses me off, I was hoping for at least a 28' sheaf at SM with my sights set on 30' by the end of the season. My sheaf is taking off. My will was stronger than my back this time though :-(

Chris C said...

WOOOOWWW! 28ft!!!! What the, is your head going to be huge like Barry Bonds next time I see you? I know this is late notice, but if you're not going to S.MD. my wife's out of town so I could take you on up to the York Bar. I thought I saw you were thinking about going down, but if you change your mind me and the boy are doing a guys weekend filled with ice cream and....yard work...and..my last bit of homework for a while.

Back to training I've been doing well with the sheaf too with the extra practice but 28 is huge. Actually, I've only practiced spinning once this year so if I can get that going then maybe 28 will be in the future....In KC they don't allow the spin so I haven't been practicing it.

My 1st comp is Edinboro May 19, so I'm fired up for my hometown crowd...plus we throw the light hammer!

Any back issues rest em or they'll nag you and mess up your technique after a while. I'm pretty healthy other than a sprained middle finger (from cleans I guess) that won't heal...those sprains will getcha.

Get better man!