Saturday, May 26, 2007

2nd PT visit and a brush with stupidity.

Ok, so here I am at my second PT visit Friday. He says almost all of my swelling as gone down, I don't have much pain (Although I was pretty sore from yard work the day before) and I now have full range of motion. Given that, he is not sure what else he can do other than tell me to keep up with the exercises. He also cleared me for Yoga classes. So I am switching over to my chiropractor next week and starting yoga. I will be ramping my lifting back up slowly. That's about that. He did make the comment "I'll still be here when you do it again, see ya in a few months" Man some people pick up on your personality fast!

And that brings me to my brush with stupidity. Ok, I feel great this morning and yesterday the PT tells me how great I'm doing and says I can ease back into lifting. So I guess that to me is as good as a green light. I ride my bike out to "watch" the guys practice this morning. You know, my hammer wasn't too shabby considering I was in street clothes and didn't have my spikes. I even tossed out a few baby weights and my form felt pretty good. I didn't go too hard, but still.... ugh. I am a big dummy. I should of known the word "watch" isn't in my vocabulary.

3 comments:

Chris C said...

Duuuuude! Seriously, think about it what positives will come from "throwing" a weight at 10 -20% physical capacity? You're not even rusty yet! Relax, watch some video, do some light foot drills, you'll be back soon enough...assuming you don't kill yourself before then.

Sincerely,

Mother C

Eric Wright said...

I know dude, I told you I was stupid. See, I need this stuff to blow off steam or I get cranky. Ask the wife. So now I've added some St. John's wort to my pill stack. I hope it'll take the edge off.

I know I did wrong.

On the bright side, still feel pretty good today! Wooohooooooo!

-Eric

Chris C said...

Ya, I'm the same way, if I don't lift I get edgy. I need that physical expense to stay calm. When I don't lift (like now...losing weight) I need a plan or I go crazy. If I stick to the plan I feel better about not lifting. Lately, my plan is throwing and circuit training instead of heavy lifting (the heavy stuff is breaking me down) in addition to cardio. I'm at 186lbs, so I may add some heavier lifts now that I'm in my target range, but I've planned only 2 or 3 specific lifts so I don't kill myself. Make a plan of stuff you can do that's going to help the rehab....don't prove your doctor right!