Friday, May 11, 2007

Today's workout.

Yeah, I know I'm fricken nuts. It's just my crap arse doctor (HMO) was supposed to have me set up with some PT and they are dragging their feet. So sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ;-)

Just did some light core work. Lots of lumbar stretches, a quick massage to loosen up those tight muscles, and then into the gym.

  • 10 minutes of warm up on the stairmaster (Yeah, that wasn't fun)
  • Seated back extensions - 220x20 260x20 300x20 360x20 (These actually aren't too bad)
  • Trunk twist - 4x20x200
  • Cable crunches - 4x200x50
That's it. A little more stretching and then I grabbed my cane and limped on out. It just felt good to do something again.

3 comments:

Chris C said...

Dude, I checked with my wife and she didn't think those trunk twists are the best idea right now b/c it's that twisting motion that causes the pinching of the disc. Was there any pain? If so, stay AWAY! Just trying to look out for ya since you know...your HMO obviously isn't. Don't you work with or for (contract) the govt? What's up with giving you a crappy HMO?

Seriously man, don't hurt yourself, I wanna see you on the field again.

Rest up man.

Eric Wright said...

They felt pretty good. No increased pain. I pulled a PT routine off of the net.

And yes, I work for the man. I could get a better plan, but it's what I signed up with years ago as a single man who never got sick :-(

Thanks for the thoughts.

-Eric

Anonymous said...

You write very well.