Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sun - 1st Training day!

Ok, not great numbers but not bad for my first really training since last year ;-)

I felt pretty good and although my technique has gone to hell, I still managed to toss out some good throws. I was not upset with them at all.

Stone - 31'6"
HWD (42#) - 32'6"
LWD (28#) - 43' (I was really happy with the weights. I stayed in the box but was all off time. I still managed to get them out there off of dumb strength, which means they can only get better!)
HH - 66'8" (Not too shabby, but man was the wind up ugly.
LH - 84'5"
Caber - 18' 110# straight piece of framing timber. Man, it was brutal. Thanks Malcolm. Balance point is about dead center, not good for a caber. You guys at Southern Md. will see. I got a good 50 degrees on it. That was luck. I would be impressed if anyone turns it.
Sheaf - Wow, get outa town! I'm up to about 24' with a 20lb bag, easy! I think 28' with a 16# will fall easy this year :-)

4 comments:

Chris C said...

I'm taking a different approach this year. Only 1 or 2 days of lifting and throw every chance I get. I love it. I've been out maybe 7 times already even in 20 degree weather(2x)!! I found a caber, had to drag it out of the woods and needs the bottom sawed off, but even though it's been down for a while it's flexible/springy. I'm fired up. I'm throwing my shot 35 ft (equals 38+ with a stone b/c the shot is friggin tough). My 42 is 31 -32 (not happy), my hammer is 62 -63 (making strides here by watching video) No caber yet, sheaf is 23-24 standing (improved over last year probably 26-27 spinning), and 42 wob is 13ft. I need 14 to be happy but I'm making strides. This year it's like I didn't take any time off, everything is basically where I left off..or better! It's time!

Eric Wright said...

Dude, that is the best! My stone is still the pits. Seems I am reliable over 30' now, and I'm happy about that. I'm not too far from where I left off, and even better in some things.

If you saw how crappy my spins were with both the weights and hammer, you'd know why I'm happy. I'm hitting numbers close to what I had last year when my form was spot on.

Now, if Stella gets her groove back all hell is breaking loose!

Do I sound a little excited? Like I said, what a good first time out ;-)

Chris C said...

You should be excited, just imagine when your timing comes back to where you're used to. Hint...Just watch the video...watch it.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone..
a found a great place to find nice products at discounted rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]coupons[/url]
Have Fun