Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sun - Sheaf, WOB, Jump rope

Got outside and fooled around a bit. First I started jumping rope for a bit. Boy is that a lot harder than I remember. My wife was impressed I could keep it going for a little while, but it was not like a pro boxer training session. It will quickly get your heart racing. The cold air made the plastic line turn solid pretty quickly. The lack of flexibility made things a little hard.

Sheaf wasn't too bad. I was a little out of practice so my aim was off a bit. Once I got my groove back I started sailing them back up there. Had a few really nice throws. My limb is only 20' though. I also use a 20lb bag, and the 16lb one we actually use in competition has a different feel. I still had about 3 feet on the limb, so I'm dieing to give the 16 a shot soon. I defiantly have more on it this year than last.

Weight over bar was a little disappointing. My technique has just gone to hell. If I could throw it even half as good as I did last year I should have 12' easy. As it is, the best I could pull off today was 11'6" I could feel I was all off. Wasn't pulling all of the way through, was off balance. I am a hell of a lot stronger than I was last year and last year at Steppingstones I was hitting the bar at 12', so I thought I had 12' this year in the bag. Oh well, must start practicing again. Seems the beginning of the season for me always includes relearning everything.

That was it for today, just fooling around and wanted some exercise. Man it was cold! Started a fire out back to keep warm between throws.

No comments: