Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Diet and Supplements

Ok, today is normally a workout day but this is a screwed up week and I had to juggle days to get my 4 workouts in. Wednesday is my normal rest day, but today I rest. So I'll just skim over my diet and supplement plan. Very bare bones and not very strict.

Supplements:
  • Multivitamin - High potency w/ Antioxidants and enzymes
  • Ripped Fuel - Not for getting ripped though, just like the boost it gives me during my workouts.
  • Liquid C-300 - Vitamin C
  • L-Glutamine
  • Optimum Nutrition Pre-load creatine complex - I actually use it "after" my workout not "pre"
  • Whey Protein
That's it for the supplements, and I don't go too crazy. Most of the stuff is just a one time a day thing. The whey and creatine is used after my workout because it gets absorbed quickly. Other than that I'm a real food guy. I'll give you my staples:
  • Steel cut oats
  • bran muffins
  • oat bran
  • Tuna
  • chicken
  • long grain rice
  • apples, bananas
  • Pasta
  • Yogurt, Milk
My diet is not set in stone but I do stick with my basics every day. It's a high protein/carb low fat diet of about 2500-3000 cals a day. I'll drop some of the carbs when I want to slim it down, but right now I'm not getting fatter and have packed on some lean muscle. I ended last season at around 250 and I am now up to 272 but have lost an inch off of my waist! So I will hang with this for a while and then cut down a bit before the games begin.

No comments: